The future of media experiences poses a series of thrilling challenges, and the maturity of eXtended Reality (XR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies provides a unique window of opportunity for the European Creative and Cultural Sector (CCS) to reimagine digital co-creation, interaction and engagement possibilities. In TRANSMIXR, we aim to create a range of human-centric tools for remote content production and consumption via social virtual reality.
The TRANSMIXR platform will provide :
- a distributed XR Creation Environment that supports remote collaboration practices;
- XR Media Experience Environment for the delivery and consumption of highly evocative and highly-social immersive media experiences.
- the possibility to reuse of heterogeneous assets across immersive content delivery platforms.
- New workflows and media formats: Introduce holistic workflows, formats and practices that enable the creation, delivery and consumption of diverse immersive storytelling experiences.
- Understand of content at scale: Deep understanding of multimodal media content that can be used to facilitate the creation of complex narratives.
- Enable the creation of new experiences: Design and develop a distributed eXtended Reality (XR) environment that allows for distributed content creation for immersive and interactive experiences.
- Realise new experiences: Design and deliver immersive experiences that convey complex narratives, foster cultural participation and collaboration, and facilitate active engagement.
- Impact the CCS domains: Bring the TRANSMIXR vision to the market and ensure that media organisations, creative companies and heritage organisations have the capacity to implement it and deliver significant impact to their target audiences.
- Transfer across domains: Forge trans sectoral synergies and demonstrate how immersive media experiences could be transferred to new domains to contribute to societal, economic and environmental well-being.